Skip to main content
Rosé du Grappin at the Pony Room

Rosé du Grappin at the Pony Room

Visit the Pony Room and Veladora at the Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa and enjoy the hand made, environmentally friendly Le Grappin Rosé from Burgundy. Rosé du Grappin is made by artisinal Burgundy wine maker Andrew Nielsen of Le Grappin and it is phenomenal! At only 10% alcohol, this rosé is wonderful with or without food, and pairs exceptionally well with The Pony Room and Veladora’s farm to table cuisine. Le Grappin also produces outstanding 1er cru and village Burgundy. Learn more & shop Le Grappin

About the Rosé du Grappin Vineyard

The grapes are from a 60-year-old plot of old Gamay vines in the Hautes-Côte de Beaune planted on the only granite slope in the Côte d’Or. Gamay on granite is straighter, more mineral and more complex than Gamay grown on limestone soils, which tends to show more fruity notes.

Winemaking by Andrew Nielsen

The grapes were harvested by hand into small bins before being crushed manually and macerated on skins without SO2 for between two and fourteen hours before being juiced in a 90 year old basket press. The juice was settled for 24 hours before being racked to tank (80%) and the rest (20%) into old Dujac barrels for fermentation and ageing on lees for 6 months. Fined but not filtered before being filled into KeyKegs under gravity with low free SO2 and high CO2 to guard freshness and vitality.

Tasting comments on Rosé du Grappin

Crunchy wild fruits (wild strawberry, redcurrants, wild raspberries) and floral notes, and a straight mineral driven attack with a lick of salinity that makes the saliva glands burst.

Pairing suggestions

Enjoy this dry, refreshing rosé with oysters, fish and charcuterie – anything where something salty and acid driven adds to the equation. Rancho Valencia serves Rosé du Grappin by glass or carafe and it pairs wonderfully with their shellfish bar, sashimi and ceviche offerings. It’s a tremendously versatile wine!

Le Grappin and the KeyKeg Revolution

Le Grappin has embraced KeyKegs for their Du Grappin wines meant for by the glass consumption for many reasons. Lightweight, disposable and zero waste KeyKegs are by far the best option for wine by the glass service because quality and freshness are preserved far better than bottle or traditional keg. The wine only comes into contact with the specially designed laminated inner bag of the KeyKeg as opposed to constant exposure to air by uncorking bottles. KeyKegs have a compact, lightweight and sleek design that facilitate a 25-30% higher loading capacity than steel kegs. Fewer shipments are required, and empty kegs can be recycled, both lowering the carbon footprint in the distribution chain. Dispensing wine using compressed air reduces CO2 emissions even more. No harsh chemicals are needed for cleaning, as you do with steel kegs. The wine is never exposed to the propellant gas, so it retains its flavor and quality. There are so many taste, cost saving and environmental benefits to KeyKegs and time will tell how popular they become as more people experience wine by the glass dispensed from KeyKeg.

How to get Blanc du Grappin or Rosé du Grappin

Contact Jason at if you are interested in Blanc du Grappin or Rosé du Grappin. We are huge fans of Le Grappin’s keykeg Burgundy by the glass or carafe and believe these would make excellent additions to your special event or by the glass offerings.

Learn more about Blanc du Grappin

Learn more about Le Grappin

Get to know Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa, Southern California’s only Relais & Châteaux property

Grab your hat and get to the Pony Room after a day at Del Mar!

2014 accolades for the Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa:

AAA | Five Diamond Hotel | August 2014

Travel + Leisure | Top 500 World’s Best Resorts of 2014 | July 2014

U.S. News & World Report Travel | Best Hotels: #9 Resort in the U.S., #2 Resort in California | January 2014

Forbes Travel Guide | Five-Star Hotel | January 2014

Andrew Harper | 2014 Grand Awards: 2014 North America Grand Award, Top 10 Gastronomic Delight, 2013 Indelible Memory | January 2014

Condé Nast Traveler | Top 25 Spas in the World: #9 | January 2014

Connect on twitter to learn more

Follow Le Grappin on Twitter Follow Rancho Valencia on Twitter Follow Amitié Wines on Twitter

Find the Pony Room and Veladora at the Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa

5921 Valencia Circle, Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067
(858) 756 1123 /

[map lat=”32.990947″ long=”-117.186136″ height=”500px” color=”#58728a”] The Pony Room and Veladora at the Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa [/map]